Queen City has always been in the millwork business. The first shopwork was made by H. B. Hatley in 1946. Later, in 1959, Irvin Morgan joined the company. H. B. taught him many of the valuable old time methods. In 1983, Mike Hughes joined Irvin Morgan. Mr Morgan stayed for 40 years, retiring in 1999. James Dean runs the shop today with the help of Bill Edmonds.
Modern machines and techniques are mixed with old time methods to produce some the best shopwork in the Carolinas.
We specialize in:
Exterior louver vents, decorative brackets and lookouts
Replication of all types of ornate exterior trim
Doors and door frames built to plan or even from a photograph
Mantels, pergola beams, and windows & window frames
Making mouldings that are not in stock
We make it our policy to tackle the "out of the ordinary" projects.